Saturday, April 4, 2009

16 days, 22 hours, and counting

These past weeks have been a blur and I'm sure the next 16 days will be equally, if not more, blurry. Several people have asked me if I'm getting excited. My answer is usually delayed! Yes, I am very excited. But not "Christmas Morning" excited or "Summer Vacation" excited. This is Cambodia were talking about. A country that I have never been too--a place I'd never even thought about going to (or really knew where it was) until about a year ago. I am excited for a new adventure. I'm excited to see what God has planned for me in this poor, devastated by genocide, slowly re-developing country. I'm excited to see how God will use me and what doors this might open for my future 8 months from now. So, yes, I'm excited, but I'm nervous too!

It's good that people are asking me "How long until you leave?". It helps me realize how fast the time is flying by. I have to make myself think of things that happen these next few weeks as "lasts". It helps me enjoy the moment more, enjoy the cheeseburger more, the American luxuries (that I usually take for granted), and the amazing people that are a part of my life here in Indianapolis. That's what being away from home definitely does for me--it causes me to really understand how blessed I am. I have such an amazing family, home church, sweet friends, and fun jobs. I will miss all it, and all of them very much. So I'm going to enjoy home while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment