Tuesday, November 10, 2009

200 Days in Cambodia

How long is 200 days?

It's 4800 hours. It's 28.5 weeks. It's just over 7 months.

With each update that I have sent out, I have calculated the amount of time that I have been here in Cambodia. Now, as my current adventure is approaching its end, it's easier to count how many days I have left (an astonishingly meager 21) and harder to count how long I've been gone. Over the past 197 days, I have experienced many ups and downs, joys and sorrows, laughs and tears. There were times when I wanted to come home early. There were times when I thought I could stay in Cambodia forever. I have met so many new friends from all over Cambodia, all over America, and all over the globe. I've had the opportunity to explore much of Cambodia and even visit parts of Thailand and Vietnam. As I reflect on these experiences I am amazed that this is my life! I am so blessed!

Here are few photos taken over the past week...


[The Royal Palace in Phnom Penh on one of the most beautiful days ever!]


[New shoes! Kerstin (left) and I enjoy new kicks from Beautiful Shoes. We designed them ourselves--I had some inspiration from J.Crew!]



[I finally made it to "The Best Iced Coffee in Phnom Penh" found tucked inside the Russian Market. It was really good iced coffee!]


[I got to meet up with Kevin Johnson (a friend from high school) and his friend Chelsea Wait as they traveled through Phnom Penh. We enjoyed a lovely evening at The Chinese House--one of my favorite places to take visitors.]

The countdown has began! Thanks for joining me on this adventure in Cambodia!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. The shoes look awesome! I like Kerstin's too. Now you just have to find a fun place to wear them!

    Your return home is officially in my day planner (which, wonder of wonders, I'm actually using), so you better get here on time. I hate changing my plans. :)

    ReplyDelete